When the weather outside is frightful. Then, it is important to adjust the pet’s daily routine, so we can keep them happy, safe and comfortable. Caring for your pet in the winter is a multi prolonged effort. For this, we need thought and preparation. When winter comes, we have to feed our pets properly. Give your pet plenty of food & water, because keeping warm outdoor takes energy. Check paws: Wipe with a damp towel to remove salt, & check for ice accumulation & damage. Provide an adequate shelter to your pet. Check this infographic by Siliconvalleyanimalvet.com.
Follow these tips to protect your pet during winter:
- Keep animals away from winter puddles. It contains ethylene glycol found in antifreeze which can be fatal if ingested.
- Keep your pets away from bodies of water. Stay away from lakes, it can be dangerous for you and your pet.
- Check your pet’s paws and underside after being outside.
- A warm place to sleep. Provide your pet a thick cozy bed or blanket.
- Try these above pet care tips to keep your pet healthy during winter.